Matt Mueller has more than 30 years experience in the property casualty insurance industry, including over 25 years focusing on risks in the technology sector. He is a frequent speaker for industry organizations on topics such as online liability, IT and e-business, and intellectual property.
Berkley Technology Underwriters
Through our expertise in identifying current and emerging technological risks, we provide worldwide solutions to our customers. Our goal is to be the insurer of choice for technology firms and producers looking for innovative solutions for their insurance needs. In a rapidly changing technology environment, we bring to bear experienced teams of technology insurance professionals who are experts not just in their chosen fields of underwriting, claims, and loss control, but who also understand the evolving needs of the technology space.
We are a global insurance solution provider offering most lines of property, casualty and professional insurance coverage for clients with technology exposure and technology firms worldwide. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, we are a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, one of the most respected names in the property casualty insurance market. Our offerings encompass global coverages for first and third-party solutions, such as:
- Property/Inland Marine; Business Income, including Milestones coverage; Research & Development/Prototypes
- General and Products Liability; Automobile; Umbrella; Workers’ Compensation
- Professional Liability – Errors or Omissions; Privacy & Cyber Liability; Communications Liability
How Berkley Technology Underwriters Is Different
Berkley Technology Underwriters serves technology industries from the traditional to the unconventional. Our principal markets are in the areas of telecommunications, clean energy technology, and information technology. Our product offerings are specifically designed for clients in most areas of the Technology Sector.
In the field of Telecommunicat ions service providers, we understand connectivity. A number of our preferred clients include:
- Triple Play Communications Firms
- Providers of Wireless Access Systems
- Satellite Communications Companies
- Competitive/Local Exchange Carriers
- Voice and Other Over Internet Service Providers
Our breadth of offerings for Clean Energy Technology companies is available to a multitude of firms creating and producing products for alternative and renewable energy sources. Risks within our appetite include:
- Fuel Cell Manufacturers
- Photovoltaic, Hydro and Wind Device and Component Manufacturers
- Smart Grid Applications and Net Metering Companies
To us, Informat ion Technology is more than just hardware and software. We insure firms involved in all types of electronic systems and related products, such as:
- Computers, Telecommunications Equipment, Peripherals and Related Devices Manufacturers
- Optics, Photonics and Instruments
- Federal Government Contracting Firms
- Outsourced Software Development, Consultants, Value Added Resellers
- Fabless Semiconductor Firms
Berkley Technology Underwriters also provides Cyber and Privacy Liability to other commercial industries in addition to our core technology sectors.
About W. R. Berkley Corporation
W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Each of the operating units in the Berkley group participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product. Our competitive advantage lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of our units to identify and respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and local customer needs. This decentralized structure provides financial accountability and incentives to local management and enables us to attract and retain the highest caliber professionals. We have the expertise and resources to utilize our strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
For additional information on Berkley Technology Underwriters, please contact us at the address of our home office.