Jeffrey R. Dehn joined W. R. Berkley Corporation in 2009 as President of the newly formed Berkley North Pacific Group. Prior to joining Berkley North Pacific, Mr. Dehn served in senior positions with another major insurer. He has more than 35 years of experience in the insurance and financial services industries, over 25 of which have been focused in the Pacific Northwest market.
Berkley North Pacific Group
Our mission is to be the premier provider of insurance solutions and carrier of choice for a select group of agents and their clients in the Pacific Northwest. We achieve this by developing and delivering flexible insurance products specific to our customers backed with value-added claims, risk management and policy services.
Berkley North Pacific Group, LLC was formed in August of 2009 as an operating unit within W. R. Berkley Corporation’s Regional segment. We underwrite products on behalf of W. R. Berkley Corporation member companies and are based in Seattle, Washington. We also maintain a local presence in Boise, Idaho and Spokane, Washington, to serve independent insurance agents located throughout five states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Montana.
How Berkley North Pacific Group Is Different
TOur primary goal is to attract and retain profitable preferred middle market business. Berkley North Pacific was founded on the principle of being “close to the customer”.
- Decisions are made locally by Berkley North Pacific personnel who live and work in the Pacific Northwest.
- Central to the success of our agents is our collaborative approach which brings together key Berkley North Pacific personnel who work with our agents, winning accounts through superior products, coverages and services designed to help clients manage their cost of risk.
- We work with a very select group of professional agents in order to protect franchise value.
- Our Executive Field Underwriters operate with a high level of autonomy and make binding decisions in the field when visiting agencies and focus on helping agents win accounts through a team approach. Their appetite is broad, but targeted markets include wholesalers, distributors, services, retailers, manufacturers and property owners.
- Recognizing that our agency partners write a variety of complex businesses, we have expert underwriting departments specializing in construction, agribusiness, transportation and small business.
- Berkley Solutions One of the unique advantages we have as part of W. R. Berkley Corporation is the ability to access other W. R. Berkley member companies to collaborate on specialized Berkley Solutions for our agents and their customers. These partnerships allow us to customize coverages to provide complete solutions within W. R. Berkley Corporation.
Berkley North Pacific has the ability to respond quickly to the coverage needs of our customers and has broad, industryleading endorsement forms designed to differentiate our agents from their competition. We also maintain close working relationships with other Berkley specialty and E&S companies in order to offer total solutions for more complex and higherhazard risks.
About W. R. Berkley Corporation
W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation's premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Each of the operating units in the Berkley group participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product. Our competitive advantage lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of our units to identify and respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and local customer needs. This decentralized structure provides financial accountability and incentives to local management and enables us to attract and retain the highest caliber professionals. We have the expertise and resources to utilize our strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
Home Office: Seattle, WA
13920 S.E Eastgate Way
Bellevue, WA 98005
Tel: (877) 319-9038
Branch Office: Boise, ID
3320 E. Goldstone Way
Meridian, ID 83642
Tel: (800) 480-2942
Branch Office: Spokane, WA
West 505 Riverside Ave, Suite 500
Spokane, WA 99201
Tel: (800) 480-5215
We underwrite on behalf of the following W. R. Berkley Corporation member companies:
- Continental Western Insurance Company
- Union Insurance Company
- Acadia Insurance Company
- Firemen's Insurance Company of Washington, DC
All of these companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best
Company, with a Financial Size Category of X, and have an A+
(Strong) Financial Strength Rating from Standard & Poor’s.